- Makeup Brushes and Tools
- Makeup Remover
- UD PRO COLLECTION
- Urban Exclusives
- E-Gift Cards
- What's New
- Foundation Finder
- Setting Spray
- Naked Palettes
- SPARKLE OUT LOUD
Jan 11, 2017
Once you open your mind to all the different ways makeup can transform your look, the playing field gets way more fun. There’s so much more to experiment with than color. For example, just altering the finish of your makeup can take a neutral-toned look to super-bold status with some daring shine and depth.
Making texture the focus of your look gives you a lot of freedom to explore a different kind of bold that doesn’t just rely on color.
Inky Black Eye
If black is your ride-or-die shade, spin it in a high-gloss finish. Try that smoky eye with a shimmery black shadow instead (like our Eyeshadow in Oil Slick) and top it with Revolution High-Color Lipgloss in Vanity, a black shade with iridescent shimmer. The layering of black gloss gives the look a really cool, inky patent leather finish. You’re going to want your look to last, so lock it in with Eyeshadow Primer Potion beforehand.
Soft Matte Lip
Don’t call this an ombré lip—it’s not that simple. Rather than fading from one color to another, this effect is way softer, but gives your lips way more depth so they appear super plump. Try a neutral matte lip shade like Vice Lipstick in Criminal.
- Dab the lipstick onto the center of your lips.
- Tap the color on your lip with your finger to blend outward, slightly over your lip’s natural line—the effect is supposed to be a little blurry and imperfect.
- Go back in with the bullet and dab it in the center of your lips again for extra depth; then, press your lips gently together to blend.
Power Matte Lip
Amp up your matte lip. By intensifying the matte finish of a super-bright lipstick shade, you get a way more powerful effect. A poppy orange-red lip color works great for this, making your lips look like they’re almost in 3-D.
- Vice Lipstick in Tilt works amazing here. Swipe it on, blot once and apply another layer.
- Using a big fluffy brush, gently stipple translucent powder over the lip color to make it as matte as can be. It intensifies the effect and sets your color as well. That’s it—super simple!
- The cool thing about this look is that it’s stunning alone—whether you do the rest of your makeup or not.
Feb 20, 2018
Want to get into trouble this Halloween?Read More